Thursday, March 11, 2010

Daddy and his pineapple cupcakes


There is something you should know about me; I’m a daddy’s girl. 100%, all the way, never gonna be any other way...

Daddy’s girl.
My daddy is my hero. The kinda guy who knows how to be a dad AND a father. I think that’s very important. He’s worked his fingers to the bone to provide myself and my brothers everything we ever wanted. At 61 years old, he still gets up every morning at 6 o'clock AM, to go to work. And when he comes home, he works. And on the weekends, he works. And when he’s not working, he’s thinking about work. Because he enjoys providing for his wife and his kids. His kids are now grown, and providing for ourselves... but he still works. All day, every day. I don’t know how he does it, but he does.


One day, I’m going to provide for my dad. I’m going to give him back everything he has ever given me. I’m going to be super successful, and make him swell with pride for his only daughter. And then I’m going to give him a huge wad of cash, and tell him to sell his business. And to find a bunch of hobbies, because now its on me. Everything he will do will be on my tab. I don’t know how I will do it, but Ill figure that out soon.

My wheels are turning.

My dad is a very hard man to please. If he eats something, and its not wonderful... he will by all means, let you know! So, I knew that when his 61st birthday rolled around last week, I had to pull out all the stops. I had to make him something that he was going to enjoy. Because everyone should enjoy their birthday treats. Even more so, when you’re 61 and you still get up at the crack of dawn and work until sunset.
Daddy likes pineapple and daddy like coconut. He also likes cherries. Therefore, he LOVES pineapple upside down cake.
So what did I come up with? How about Pineapple cake, with a maraschino cherry tucked inside? Topped with a light whipped frosting, and dipped into candied coconut...




Wanna know whats sweeter then this cupcake? The fact that my daddy LIKED it. He REALLY liked it.

Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment