Tuesday, March 9, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I forgot to take something out for dinner tonight. All my meat was frozen. What’s a girl to do???
Detour to the grocery store and figure out something quick style for my ever so hungry husband to consume So that he’s happy and loves me again, thats what!!

So.... what’s a girl to make?
BBQ Chicken Pizza

I started by cooking up some chicken in olive oil and minced garlic. Just to add a little flavor, because lets face it... plain cooked chicken tastes... boring.


Once the chicken cooled, I used a knife and fork to shred it all up in yummy little chunks of boring chicken.


...cooked up some sliced red onion..

Laid out some pizza dough. Slathered it with BBQ Sauce. I like Jack Daniels brand in brown sugar. I think it has the perfect sweetness to it. Try it! After spreading the BBQ sauce, I sprinkled just a little bit of Mozzarella cheese. Just enough to make the toppings stick real good.

Sprinkled on the shredded chicken and onion...
Then piled on the cheese! This is my favorite part... Shredded mozzarella and smoked Gouda. Seriously? Doesn’t that sound illegal? A little bit of chopped cilantro finished off this masterpiece.


And voila! Baked for 13 minutes at 475 degrees... and we have ourselves an amazing, bubbly, BBQ chicken pizza.

Make it for dinner tonight.



Trust me.



You will be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment