Friday, January 21, 2011

Found Relief.....

After not sleeping for more then 20 minutes on Wednesday night.... I decided I couldn't take it anymore. PUPPPs had taken over my life, and my sanity. I called my mom first thing Thursday morning, hysterical... and it was all she needed to hear before calling my OBGYN for herself, insisting that they HAVE to do something to help me.... (After I was told on Tuesday that there was nothing they could do for me..)

They had me come in within 40 minutes. I was immediately seen by a doctor who seriously GASPED when she saw my rash. She then proceeded to tell me that she had never in all her years, seen a rash like mine. After listening to Braydens heart beat, and questioning me about his amount of movement... she gave me 3 scripts. A steroid, a anti-itch pill, and a sleeping pill. I have been med free my entire pregnancy... but, I was at my end. I couldn't stand the physical and emotion toll this disease had taken on me in just 3 days. I was unable to focus, unable to not cry, and was completely frantic. There was NOTHING I could do to make myself feel better. I spent my time scratching until I was raw, then wincing in pain when I slathered on lotion, shivering in numerous cold showers, and crying myself to sleep. I was sick to my stomach with pain.

I was skeptical about these meds. I did extensive research.. and there seemed to be a 50/50 shot at them working... But, desperation got the best of me.. and I plunged right in...

And... I got relief. Not complete relief.. but enough that I was able to eat, and sleep, and although Im still itching, my skin is now healing... and not as raw...

The healing will take so much time, Im sure. And if I go even 15 minutes past the 6 hour time limit for my next anti-itch med dosage, I'm on fire again... scratching myself until I bleed... so, to say the PUPPPs is gone would definitely be an exaggeration.. But I have received relief.
... And I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment