Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shrimp dip just doesnt sound fancy enough....

So... there is this recipe that I have in my depths of my amazing recipes..
And its one that I made up.
In my head.

And its also one that friends and family request.
Alot.

And until now, I have never told a single soul my recipe for this tasty bit of gold.

Until now.....

Shrimp Dip

Sounds simple, doesn't it?




Start with some cooked, peeled, and cleaned shrimp. Remove the tails.
Those don't taste all that great.



Chop up the shrimp.


Chop up a medium onion,


And throw in a bowl... along with half of a chopped green pepper.



Throw in 8 wonderful ounces of plain cream cheese.


And one jiggly, fatty cup of MAYO. Yes, do it. Its good. Don't even dare to cut this part out. You would be playing with perfection, and those who mess with perfection...

Well, I don't know. They just don't get something so perfect.

Get me?



Add in a few dashes of Tabasco sauce. This is all about how spicy you like it. I add about a teaspoon.
Mmmmm.....



Squeeze in some lemon.
Or... in my case, squirt.
About a tablespoon.


Whats the I hear?
Angels?
Angels singing?
Ohh yes, I always hear Angels singing when I see a pile of cheese..

Gather 2 cups of amazing angelic cheese....
I like the Monterrey jack blend.



Mix it all up.
mmmmm.... drool.
I mean, Shrimp Dip.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

OK, so... here is the deal.
People were already arriving at our house when I pulled the end result out of the oven.
And by the time I went back to see if it was cooled... half of it was devoured.

The picture of my end result isn't very pretty. And no amount of editing can make is look better.
But, if it proves anything, it should prove how amazing this stuff is.
Because my guests didn't mind the risk of burning their little taste buds off, to suck down mouthfuls of this shrimp dip.

So here is the end result.. in all of its unedited glory...



Serve with honey wheat crackers.

That's my favorite.

Although, I'm almost positive you could serve it on chunks of cardboard, and you will still be impressed.

FAB-U-LOUS!

Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment