Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My wedding- Details.

On May 16th, 2009 I said the words "I do" to the man who would say them back, as we proclaimed our forever love for each other in front of our family, friends, and God.

Almost as exciting as the moment, was the excitement of planning our wedding. Picking colors, and fonts, and flowers, and details.. and too many ribbons? Swirly font? Music? Who should sit with who? Sit down dinner or buffet? White folding chairs or Chivari? Traditional? Who would give toasts? Best waterproof mascara? French Bustle?

Before all these questions, I already knew what I wanted to see on my wedding day. I wanted a room rich in color, but classic. I wanted the room to have clean dynamics, but warm and inviting at the same time. I wanted my guests to truly walk in, and feel the amount of love between my husband and I. I wanted everyone to understand what we were all about as a couple.

Im a sucker for vintage. And Glamour. And drama. And my husband found all 3 in my engagement ring. My engagement ring set the tone for my wedding day. Im in LOVE with my engagement ring... delicate, feminine, and stunning.


And thats exactly how I wanted my wedding day to be!

Brides Attire-



The Dress. Casablanca 1908 inspired hand beaded vintage damask lace gown. A line.



Classic satin kitten heels adorned with Swarovski crystals.


Vintage glamorous diamond drop earrings (My something borrowed from my husbands grandmother), and a diamond beaded bracelet  (My something old. Made from my Grandmothers rosary. She passed 4 years before I was born, and she is also my name sake)

Flowers-
What is more traditional and feminine and breath taking then roses? Known as the flower that truly means love, I knew I wanted roses to be my flower...


My bridesmaid bouquets were made up of different shades of pink roses and some ivory to add extra drama. The stems were hand wrapped in cornflower blue satin ribbon.

My bouquet was made up of 7 (yes, seven!) dozen roses. Hand wrapped with white satin ribbon and adorned in pearls.



My centerpeices were made up of amazing roses, set in silver bowls among tables dotted with rose petals.



My 4 tier wedding cake, was matched with 3 tiers of roses and topped with a mini bouquet.

Ceremony-



Handmade flower balls, tied with cornflower blue satin ribbon, hung from sheppard hooks leading up our aisle. Handmade by my wonderful mom.



Handmade Sandalwood fans on every ceremony seat helped guests survive the May heat during the ceremony. Each fan tied with pink ribbon and a tag reading "Thank you for sharing our special day! Ryan & Angela. May 16th, 2009"



Guests were given vintage inspired programs as they were seated.
Programs introduced our immediate family, wedding party, both readings, a brief story of how we met and our engagement, and the lyrics of our first dance song.


Our wedding took place under hundred year old oak trees, and the waters of the bay as a perfect back drop to tie in all the elements. Chivari chairs were used to keep up with the vintage feel.

Reception-



Vintage inspired alphabetical seating charts.


Keeping up with the vintage, table numbers.


Feasting table for the bridal party. Lace silverware, silver chargers (food was served on silver laced china), crisp white linens, silver chivari chairs, vases filled with glass stones and water hiding mini blue LED lights to add a contemporary feel. Centerpieces circled with rose petals.



LED centerpieces


Guest Table.


White chiffon draped the walls, lit with soft pink uplighting.


Favor boxes had each guests name inscribed on the handmade tags, used in place of name cards.


Personalized favor boxes filled with pink and silver wrapped Hershey kisses. Scroll announced a donation to St. Jude in honor of our wedding guests.

Bridal Party Attire-



Bold Chiffon tea length  Raspberry pink, and Cornflower blue dresses with satin white sashes..



Classic tuxes with silver vests and ties.



Blue and pink ribbons sewn onto our flower girls dress to tie in the colors of our wedding day.

The Cake-

Ryans Aunt Joanne, is not only a fabulous woman, but a wedding cake maker.
My cake was extremely important. I wanted a yummy buttercream cake. And I wanted it to be super pretty.. like fondant.
Stacked high, with each layer different.
And this is the masterpiece in all of its amazing glory!


Each layer is decorated with a different pattern. Bottom and middle layer is her secret recipe cake with chocolate frosting, and the middle and top layer is red velvet with cream cheese frosting.
Cake is sitting on a silver vintage cake stand.

And thats our wedding.

The most beautiful day of my entire life!


No comments:

Post a Comment