Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bacon Bite Cup Thingys that make my mouth water....

Disclaimer- Do not make these for your next human gathering if you enjoy left overs. Because there will be zero left for that nonsense.
 -end disclaimer.
Tiny 2 bite pastry cups filled with bacon, cheese, and all sorts of yummy goodness. Super rich, almost overly delightful. Dainty enough for the ladies, and meaty enough for the men.
Bacon is F A B U L O U S. I would marry it if I could.
 No really, holy moly bacon matrimony! My mouth is watering.
And they are so stinkin easy to make! I promise.
 But what I cant promise is that your jeans are going to be really stinkin easy to shimmy on when you wake up the morning after inhaling these bites of dreamy bacon.

 But, that's not important...



Chop up 1 package of bacon. Cook until almost crispy... but not too crispy.
 Once cooked, allow to drain on a few paper towels.


In a bowl... crack one egg..

And 8 ounces of Chive and Onion cream cheese.



Add a half cup of mayo.
Half cup of chopped onion.
And about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.



Dump in the cooked bacon.
And 3 cups of shredded cheese.
I like using the Mexican cheese combo.



Stir together until it looks like this creamy goodness...
And stick it in the fridge.



These are the dinner rolls I use. The regular ones work just fine also...
Ya know, if 50% bigger and flaky arent your thang.....


Lay out the rolls on the counter. squish the diagonal lines together to form a funky looking rectangle.
Then, using a pizza cuter... cut the dough into squares.



Grease a mini muffin pan rather well....


Line each muffin cup with a square of dough.
Then fill with that creamy goodness you stuck in the fridge earlier....



Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes, or until you see the dough turn into a golden brown.

Make these for your memorial day get together...

Before you know it, your friends and family will make up their very own holiday in honor of you and these bacon cups.

Bet cha!

*Variation- To serve them up as a mini quiche for breakfast or brunch, use a regular size muffin or cupcake pan.
Bake those bad boys for about 12 minutes, or until dough is golden.

I prefer the mini ones. I think it has something to do with not feeling so guilty if I eat 2. Ok, who am I fooling.. 3.


Alright, whatever! 12!





No comments:

Post a Comment