Friday, December 31, 2010

2010... another year of blessings!

Ever since I met my husband in 2007... every year has been "the best year ever!".... 
I met my husband in 2007 and immediately fell head over heels in love with each other... best year ever.
In 2008, My husband and I moved into our first apartment together, and got engaged... best year ever.
In 2009, We planned our wedding, got married, and went on an awesome honeymoon.... best year ever.
In 2010, I peed on a little stick that flashed the word "pregnant", and we have spent all year getting our lives in order for this little miracle... best year ever.
I cant speak for 2011, because it doesn't start until tomorrow... but, in only 7 weeks (or less), our lives will forever change when we finally meet our son. Surely, 2011 will truly be "The best year ever!".

Besides getting pregnant in 2010... this year has been a year of growing... Some of this growth has hurt, really bad. But, as I always say... everything happens for a reason.

As a wife, I have grown to be more patient. We have gotten over the "first year hurdles".. and I have strived to be there in every single way possible for  my husband. I have been his biggest cheerleader and encourager. This has been a tough year for Ryan... We went from 2 healthy incomes, and after months of toying with the idea, went down to only 1. Months later, we find out I'm pregnant, and after the joy and excitement.. came the money woes. But, he handled it amazing... when he wasn't in the office, he was working a side job. He used his vacation time to work endless hours in Kentucky away from his home, his wife, his family.... Proving to be the ultimate provider. I am proud to say, that thanks to my amazing husband, we not only made ends meet this year... but we are virtually DEBT FREE. Something that is almost unheard of these days. The amount of love and pride I have for Ryan can not be measured. I still find myself in awe that God thought I was worthy of such an amazing man!

In 2010, my spirit has been questioned. My motives have been questioned. My intentions have been questioned. My honestly has been questioned. All of this questioning, took a toll on me personally. I found myself upset, and frustrated because I was being ridiculed by people who I thought were my family and friends. Lies upon lies were being said from the mouths of people who I, at one time, trusted. I told these people secrets, I cried on their shoulders, I allowed them to be an important part of my life. For what? For a mistake to be made into a lie, and another lie, and another lie.. and the talking became too much, and as it all came back to me... it was nothing more then a twisted web of lies.. and people believing every ounce of everything accept for anything I had to say... or not having enough sense to truly take a step back and see the whole picture. Friendships have been ruined. Trust is gone, and can not be earned back. My husband and I sat around thinking long and hard about why this was happening to us. We are both people who 100% of the time, put others before ourselves.. and here we are, bewildered. It took a little bit of time to pick myself up, dust myself off, and clearly see the whole picture. Ryan and I's spirit is still healing, but God has made his intentions clear.  Our life needed "weeding". We needed the negative and fake removed from our life, so we can truly enjoy the blessings we have before us. We can focus on our friends and family who have never questioned our intentions, who have always been a phone call away, and who have been with us through this "weeding" process. Its been painful, excruciating at times... but we have made it! And we can honestly look back, and know that we have always remained honest and truthful to ourselves and others. We have always given more then we have received. And we are now thankful that this "weeding" process is over and our lives are filled with individuals that we KNOW we can turn to and count on at the end of the day. I am so thankful for this. God has a funny way of doing things sometimes, but in the end.. it all makes sense. And I am so grateful to be able to start 2011 with a clear mind, full heart, and REAL friends and family.

2011 WILL be "the best year ever"! How could it not be? My life is filled with countless blessings, my belly is filled with a healthy baby boy who is almost ready to fill my arms, and he has already filled my heart. I'm married to the most amazing man on earth, My family is unbelievable, and I have TRUE friends. What more could anyone ever want?

No comments:

Post a Comment