Monday, October 25, 2010

Apple Rolo Galette

Im back to food blogging! I dont know for how long, but for now... Im back!

I took a food-blogging-vacay because this pregnancy has turned me into a very lazy baker/cook. If you cant buy it through a window, or it requires turning on more then the microwave... it hasnt been for me. Even when I TRY to cook for my poor husband who is so tired of pizza... it usually doesnt come out very good. Mainly because my heart isnt into it.. and I would much rather be eating a Mcdouble and a large fry.

But, my overwhelming craving for all things Fall and Apple-y has me back!
And with a bang!!!!

I wasnt sure what this thing I made was called... so, with a little googling... it has a name.
Its called a Galette. Galette basically means a free formed pie. No pie pan, just the crust.

Apple Rolo Galette


Cast of Characters:
2 diced apples (I like honeycrisp), Pie crust, Butter, Rolos, cinnamon, and light brown sugar.



Unwrap and cut Rolos in half. Of dont unwrap them, if tiny peices of gold foil is your thing....

Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in a sauce pan.

Add diced apples, 3 tablespoons of light brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Cook for a few minutes until the sugar is bubbly, the apples are coated  nicely and your kitchen smells like heaven.


Spoon apples into the center of laid out pie crust.
Note: Next time I do this, Ill bake it on wax paper for an easier removal process.

Top with Rolos...
Oh. My. Goodness.

And start to fold over the dough, like this.....


Pinch dough... and bring it up towards the mixture...


Then press is down slightly so it sticks to the other folded dough....


Keep going until you have this.... A Galette.


... And Voila! Done! Baked for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
And its devine. Scrumptious. Out of this world. YUM.

Should be paired with a tall glass of 2% milk or a chilled bottle of water.

Fall Fab!



No comments:

Post a Comment